HP 3PAR to support business growth
"HP 3PAR has met our performance requirements and, unlike the alternative solutions, has guaranteed all the reliability and scalability which our company needs to grow."
Matteo Fava, IT Manager at Tagetik
"We have 70 physical servers. TT Tecnosistemi's contribution has also been crucial in this delicate phase - their specialists are always available to solve any problem, and their experience in different fields allows us to overcome difficulties that we would have struggled with on our own."
Tagetik, a leading Tuscan multinational in the software sector of Corporate Performance Management (CPM), is dedicated to interpreting the needs of various companies in the administrative, financial and control areas and translating them into software solutions that simplify the management and control of the financial performance.
Around 750 companies in more than 35 countries around the world have chosen Tagetik to improve process efficiency, reduce risks, contain costs and achieve strategic objectives.
Given the growth rates of the company - about 400 employees and numerous locations abroad - the management decided to entrust TT Tecnosistemi with a project to renew the storage infrastructure in order to adapt it to current growth standards through an enterprise solution that ensures performance, scalability and reliability. TT Tecnosistemi was already Tagetik's partner before this project, and in particular has provided the company with software licenses for personal computers.
With its business growth, the problems Tagetik needed to address were:
- The need to increase the level of capacity, performance and reliability
- The need to replace the existing IT Infrastructure
- To undertake development activities on many servers and local storage systems, with a large fragmentation of data and an approach far beyond the enterprise logic
- The need to find on the market an accessible storage architecture that offers the advantages of an enterprise solution, such as scalability, reliability, performance.
- The rationalisation of 15 different types of server databases that constituted the previous infrastructure
- The solution chosen from among the various options offered was the operating lease of a HP3PAR unit with the provision of personal computers and other hardware and software components by TT Tecnosistemi.
- For assistance, the company chose a standard HP Proactive Care contract with 4-hour intervention times, a large SLA, justified by the excellence of the client's staff in the sector of interest.